Saturday, November 22, 2008

Masculine Birthday


I took your original design and did a bit of tweaking. I hope it is o.k. It is just easier for me to take the original and make a card to see if I can work with it. I do not have the stamp set you used but tried to keep the elements about the same size. I did change the card from Horizontal to Vertical to start with because it just was not working for me.


The major change was more layers. It seemed that helped the focal point to stand out more.

I did use retired designer paper because I wanted the brown color, but......you could use any patterned roller wheel to get the same background coverage or something like the canvas, twill or polka dot background stamp. That will give the card some added texture. I also added ribbon. Chocolate Chip ribbon right down the middle just adds more texture. I purposely did not add a bow. I put your focal point at the top of the card and left room for the sentiment on the bottom. I used the ticket corner punch like you did as I like the effect you gave your card. Really the only thing I did different was add more layers and put the sentiment onto a different piece of cardstock. I like your card and really there is nothing wrong with it. I just had to play.....LOL! In fact, you card forced me to do something as I have had a stamp block for the last two days, did not even want to pick up a stamp. Thanks for helping me get energized again. Rubber Hugs, Paula

No comments: