Monday, January 28, 2008

Stuck, again - updated (twice)


Here I am again - stuck. This card was inspired by some wallpaper I saw, and I made that the background of the card. I added the twill and top image, but aside from a sentiment - I need input on that one, too! - what does this need?











Update: Here it is with a sentiment:


I liked the suggestion of a ribbon (instead of the twill), but alas, SU does not have a Sage Shadow ribbon, and inking up the white with Sage Shadow came out too dark. Bummer.


I think I will leave it like this for now. Thanks for the feedback!

Update #2: Oooh, Happy Anniversary - I like that! I will post this with a picture of the wallpaper on my blog either tonight or tomorrow night so you can see what sent me down this path. :-)

6 comments:

Lindy Stamper said...

I don't think you need much other than the sentiment. I like it how it is...

Alhambra Club said...

I would use a soft blue ribbon, it is such an elegant card.

Heather said...

A simple sentiment in the lower right corner. Spot on job with how you did the background!

Brenda Dean said...

I love this. What sentiment are you going to use? I agree with Heather on placing it in the lower right corner. My first thought is "Happy Anniversary"...

Anonymous said...

The twill does not go as it is not soft enough and the rest of the card is super soft. Yes I would add a sentiment on the bottom right corner, but since part of your motif is round I would carry that into the sentiment and layer it onto something round. Maybe a circle punch then layer the sentiment ontop of the circle punch out.

Anonymous said...

The sentiment on the bottom right of the corner is too small and I didn't even notice it at first. Needs a more elegant font and larger.