Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Following the Holiday Trend Before... and After

I really, really like the "forest of trees made with DP" style holiday cards that have been posted all over the place. This is my attempt.

I think I have the right idea and I like how the moon reflects on the dusting of snow on the ground but I'm wondering if the DP on my trees is too boring?

Go ahead- do your thing with my card!

Update: 12/05/07 12:30pm
Here is the new and improved version. I made my snow brighter, chose some bolder patterned paper, skinnier tree trunks, a smaller moon and some bling for the treetops! Thanks for the help!

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I kinda like them! If you want to add a little more zing, could you pop up one of them on dimensionals? What about some glitter or stickles for snow, maybe in the sky and on the trees.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card ,love the trees ,Dawnx

Dannie Graves said...

I like it just the way they are. I think you've made a beautiful, serene card and if your DP has too much decoration/design to it, it would detract from the rest of the card. It's really pretty just like it is.

Alhambra Club said...

This is a great layout and card, love the idea, I would maybe try some brighter paper with a smaller pattern, but what is important is what looks right to your eye

Jackie said...

I like the layout but I agree with Flossie that a brighter paper with a smaller pattern on the trees might help. Also, what if you made the tree trunks a little skinnier? Love the moon and reflection.

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, much brighter (if that's the look you were going for!) I personally like the second one better. Thanks for the update!

Jackie said...

Love the "after"!