Friday, December 7, 2007

Rescue me! (Rescue was a success!)

Help me! I am an unattached card looking for a new image. My owner (a very beautiful and talented artist in her own right) has tried a large bold rose, a smaller bold rose, a daisy and my current image. We just aren't sure what style or type of flower would work best with me (we own LOTS flower images). We really like the rest of me but we are willing to make changes for the same of art!
PS I also like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain, I'm not into health food but I'm into champagne!
12/08/07- Completed card on the right for a tutorial on my blog

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I like the images and the coloring is good, I just think they need a little something to make them pop. How about a little bit of a black frame behind the image and adding some black scallops behind the ones already there? It just needs to be separated from the background a bit, don't you think?

Alhambra Club said...

Ya know, Jackie you are so smart, I to really like the card and was thinking maybe just matting the flower image would pop it.

Lindy Stamper said...

I'm w/ the ladies, a little matting, maybe?

I do like the bottom card more than the top one though...

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

I vote to mat also..black behind whatever image you use on the left hand side...and also, perhaps, a little, oh so very slight BLING going down the ribbon...or the scallop edge?...or punch a hole inside each scallop?

Anonymous said...

O.K. You all can now shoot me.
I like the idea of framing the flower but......The words are very distracting to me. They take away from the focal image of the flower.
When I look at the flower it does not pop. My eyes tend to focus more on the words rather than the flower. I guess it depends on what you want as your main focus.
I like the card with the three flowers better than the card with the one big flower.

Gail Binette said...

Perhaps a more funky flower to go along with the dots on the pattern paper. SU has one great set, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it at the moment. Anywho, it's got rounded petals and dots in the stamp. Oh I think it might be petal pushers or something like that.