Saturday, December 22, 2007

Penguin adventures - done!

I am playing with my Cat's Pajama's penguins stamp, and I am not sure if I am going in the right direction or not.

First I did this one. For that magical third color I added some Mike's ribbon that had some Teal in it, then used some Teal in the hats. The card is an A Muse 4 1/4 square that I mounted on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of card stock so it will fit in a standard A2 envelope without sliding around.


Then I remembered seeing the penguins used separately, so I stamped them separately (they are too close to just stamp once then punch - too bad!) and followed the same theme - A Muse card on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Olive card stock.


Next I used a different A Muse card and mounted it on Blue Bayou, and used a different Mike's ribbon.


I think I like the first one the best. I am seeking opinions on "together versus apart" and also my idea of the A2 base for the A Muse card. Of course, feel free to comment on any other element of these mock-ups. Thanks!

Update 12/23: Thanks for the feedback! Here are versions 4 & 5, one with a blue rectangle and one with green. I tried the green because the blue-on-blue seemed boring. What do you think? Closer?


Update later 12/23: I guess I should have called this a Card Evolution! I had a DUH moment, and decided since I could not make up my mind between Green or Blue, I did both! Gotta layer! Below is my final version.

One final note: The Cuttlebug and I had a little disagreement with the Nestabilities, so this version is straight layers...no scallops. Ah, well. Thanks for all the feedback!

6 comments:

Jessrose21 said...

I think they're all super cute! I especially like the first one, but I love the colors in the third one, too. The first one looks like less work for you!

Anonymous said...

The first card I like everything except the ribbon. The middle one is perfect and the last card is also perfect. I would only change the ribbon on the first card. I really like all three. You did super. Now.....jsut send me one and all will be well......LOL!

Jackie said...

I really like the idea of mounting it on an A2 card! I also like the first one better but I like the cardstock color and ribbon on the last one the best. Keep them together just change the colors? Those penguins are adorable and I like the 3 sparkly snowflakes along the side, too.

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Ok....Jackie took the words out of my mouth...I really like making it an A2...prefer the 3rd card paper...and definitely TOGETHER!Then, save the punches from the other mock ups for lolly pops or peppermint patties!!...yumm!

Anonymous said...

Don't love the transparent ribbon..
Love everything else.
Petronella.

Becca said...

Hello: I love penguins..you did them justice...they are so cute and always ready for a dinner date. Great cards, Best wishes, Bela