Thursday, December 6, 2007

Two-fer - UPDATED!

I decided to go for a two-fer! Two ideas in one post. :-)


First, this is yet another (and my last!) version of this card - I changed the layers for the sentiment. Fewer layers, and the red is more prominent. Done!

Update: I also thought I'd give the ladies the option of hanging a thread around one of the shrimp's necks with a little bell on it. Too much? Ya think? ;-)





This is the card that needs help! I need a fifth project for this weekend's classes, and I decided to do a snow theme instead of Christmas. I thought I'd try the suspended image in the window, and I really like it.

The "typically me" part is where I get the colors right and the technique seems to work, but I have no clue how to finish the card!


Any ideas? The paper is pretty busy, and I'd like the focus to be the suspended image.


FYI - Base is Soft Sky, snowflake is stamped on Whisper White with Sage Shadow ink, punched out with the snowflake punch, frame layer in the window is Basic Gray (all by SU).

Thanks!

UPDATE! I added some vertical ribbon, red glitter in the center of the snowflake (my customers will be using a glue dot instead of 2-way glue so theirs is actually round ...), and a sentiment stamped in Basic Gray.

I decided to not overload them with additional glitter on the snowflakes ... one mess is enough!

Thanks for the great ideas!

4 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

How about punching a scallop circle to "frame" the suspended image? That will help draw the eye there more by having a solid color surrounding it. I would try different colors, a darker blue, white, even a splash of color like pomegranate to see what you like best! Good luck!!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

WOW....clicking on the picture REALLY brings these babies to LIFE!!
I LOVE the crab card...as is.....The snowflake one perhaps could use some BLING??....maybe stickles or glitter in SOME of the patterned paper....and definitely a rhinestone brad in the suspended center!!

Heather said...

I agree with adding a little bling or some Stickles/ sparkle to the suspended snowflake.

Elizabeth said...

The snowflake card really does look good as it is but here are a few suggestions: I think it needs something to give balance, perhaps a vertical ribbon on the left hand side in similar colours; or a greeting perhaps in white - I noticed your signature actually looked rather nice on the card:) ;or gently sponging around the edge of the snowflake paper would add some extra depth and emphasis.