Saturday, December 15, 2007

So I had this idea ... (updated 12/16)

I had to see if these circles were 3/4 inches - and they were! So I had this idea that I could punch them out and raise up a few of them, and I did! Then, as usual, I got stuck. I added the strip of dots on the brown ribbon, then I added the buckle, but I think if I tie a knot it will be just as good. It needs a sentiment, but besides that, what's wrong with this? It needs something... help?

Quick update: I just added a red layer, and I think it helps, but it still needs something. What shape do you think I should use for a sentiment? Or should I stamp it directly on the paper?



Update 12/16: Thanks for the feedback! I removed the three circles, and to counteract the straight lines, I added a loopy sentiment, and it's not even Christmas-related! I also swapped out the buckle for a knot. What do you think?

8 comments:

Heather said...

I don't like the 3 circles in the straight link on the lower left corner. Can you rearrange them into more of a cluster? You have so many straight lines on the card I want to see something other than a straight line.

I like the colors and the top with the circles popped her and there- very stirking.

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, agree with Healther maybe if you put the circles in more of a cluster and maybe a sentiment on the bottom right. Love the addition of red

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

LOVE the new red layer...and the dimension with the popped circles on the top is very fun...Perhaps remove the bottom circles...put a bigger buckle/charm( not too big...lol!) or bow and off-set with sentiment on bottom left-side...on the paper in a coordinating metallic emboss to match the brads & buckle.

Pegg S said...

What a fun card! I love you idea of popping up the circles. I think the sentiment should be stamped directly onto the paper - maybe in the same red color as that layer.

Heather said...

Wow- just those minor changes made this a wow card. I love the bold greeting.

Kristin Moore said...

I didn't see these until you'd already posted your changes... great job! The red layer is great and removing the bottom circles and adding the sentiment makes it easier on the eyes- not so busy. Lovely!

Angel said...

This is great! I really like it!

Anonymous said...

Yummy,
I love this card.. I miss the three circles now.
I "do" busier cards, so it's not too much for me "with" the three circles..
Great job.